Drapes can bring life to a dull room and transform it into something grand and sophisticated. Some designers claim that any window treatment can produce a beautiful room. But, drapes houston are better than other window treatments when correctly fitted. To help you make sure that your drapes are hung well, here are four factors for you to consider.
The most crucial factor of hanging drapes is the proper assessment and implementation of where to place the curtain rods. To help you correctly decide on the curtain rod placement, take note of the following information:
- Window style
- Window covering type
- Ceiling height
The ceiling height is vital information for a perfect drape rod placement. Use these tips to ensure setting the correct drape height.
- The height for a standard drape is in the middle of the ceiling and the topmost part of the window casing. It is applicable for distances that are above 12 inches between the ceiling and window casing top.
- The minimum allowance from the window top casing to the drape rod is two inches. It applies whatever the ceiling height is.
- An allowance of about four to six inches on top of the window trim is appropriate for cathedral ceilings.
- For rooms that have low ceilings, install your drapes as close as possible to the ceiling. It will produce an illusion of added ceiling height.
A good drape width helps make windows look broader. Here are some tips on how to maximize the use of a correct drape width.
- Four to ten inches is the standard allowance from the curtain rod ending to the window casing.
- Since drapes open at daytime, the curtain rod should have at least an additional four inches per side. It is to accommodate the drapes when pulled on the sides.
- To create an illusion of a window with a wider look, you may increase the length of the rod for about ten inches above the frame.
If your goal is to fit your drapes houston perfectly, remember to use the correct size, length, and width of drapes. Here are some tips when choosing the right drapery size.
- Ideally, the length of your drapes should reach the floor. It is one of the reasons why the placement of the drape rod is necessary.
- If you are aiming for a formal, elegant look, choose drapes that create a linen puddle on the floor.
- Make sure that the bottom of the drapes reaches the floor. If your drapes end several inches above the floor, your ceiling looks lower than its actual height.
Drapery hardware is crucial as it allows the drape to blend in with the rest of the room design. Here are some steps to help you decide on the best hardware for your drapes.
- Pair the drape fabric with complementing rods and finials. If you are to use heavy fabrics like velvet or chenille, use large decorative rods with accents on the end.
- The drape hardware should also match the room furniture and appliances. For example, if you have wooden chairs, a rod with a wood finish is best.
- Also, consider the color and texture of the fabric. You may choose a fabric similar to the bedding or sofas.
Drapes can make a regular room into something formal and elegant. Just make sure to consider these four factors and the tips to create the look you are aiming for. If you need assistance, feel free to approach the nearest window treatments company. They have the experts for a fail-proof drape installation.